Saturday, June 7, 2008

NaNoWriMo

After finally figuring out what this was - a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel start to finish in the month of November (thanks Jason) - I am beginning training.

I will start by writing two 2000 word essays a week and build up as time goes by. No I won't be posting them, 2000 words is far to long to be sociable on this blog lol.

To be honest I haven't really got a plan for the novel yet so I am also hoping that this will provide some impetus towards plot, theme and architecture. And, if I get very efficient, I should also have some work that I can use as a portfolio to go towards my dream of having a newspaper column.

Scary but I am diving in the deep end and trusting that I remember how to swim :-)

3 comments:

Vickie said...

You will not only swim, you will sprout wings. I began my novel ten years ago...I know...gasp, but its really okay. It changed my whole life. And because of those changes, the novel had to wait until now to be finished. And that is the other thing, the timing is perfect. So write.

I started with a commitment to write ? words (I've forgotten now) every day for 60 days. In the process, the clutter comes out of the closet and the story you need to write will present itself over and over again. And the next thing you know, you'll be writing it. Have fun.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Oh you go girl!... god you inspire me at times woman...

how bout 'The Life and Times of a D&A worker' ... na to wacky no one would believe it to be true...ha ha

pita-woman said...

Is the newspaper column dream in addition to or instead of the restaurant dream?
Ooh, you could write a column about restaurants!!
Well, I'd like to be on the list for autographed copies when you become published.