Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday Sport Report

I love a challenge and this is my new one - to blog a sport report each week. Now my 'rules' are that I need to report on at least three sports and I can't repeat each sport each week ...

So being the sports-mad babe that I am, here goes ....

NETBALL: Liz Ellis has, after 18 years of playing national level netball, retired as captain of the Australian netball team ( can't find the name of the team). Australian won the world championship by defeating the New Zealand Silverferns 42 - 38.

CRICKET: Darren Lehmann has retired from first class cricket.

On a more positive note, at the time of writing, Sri Lanka is 246 and 3/233 needing another 274 runs for a win :-) And I must ask, why doesn't Australia just play the Ashes and cancel all other Test games? It isn't just that they are boring (and I LOVE Test games more than is acceptable) - I mean is this REALLY cricket? As the world of cricket becomes more commercial and moves towards the one day and 20/20 matches, surely "real" cricket could be left to tradition and not just space filler :-)

TENNIS: Roger Federer has won the Masters Cup he beat David Ferrer 6-2 6-3 6-2

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Ahhh save me from sport...at the mo Im on with MB....ahhhh

Unknown said...

Save me too! That is why I have the challenge - mind you I am going to MG it from now on - this one was far to conventional and boring :-)