Saturday, November 24, 2007

Learn To Say No...

Tonight is my night of nights - a grand final, birthday and Christmas all rolled into once. Yes it is election night - and my girls night out too. And yes, you guessed it I have been called into work.

I know they are desperate (they must be to let me work this shift as my regular one that starts at midnight and finished at 9 tomorrow - that has never ever happened - but haven't "they" seen the hours I have to work tomorrow - from 5 pm tonight I will have to work 29 out of the following 41 hours) and they called me as a very last resort but I don't know who I am more angry/sad at - me for saying yes or life for conspiring the circumstances.....

I can't even watch the election count.... yes I have organized sms updates, and the computer will be on and I can check that every now and then but it just isn't the same .... it just feels like someone has cancelled my one night of the year :-(

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hhmmm...loving the title of this post!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Awe, don't worry, we will aim for next week. It's a bugger, and I have waffle iron greased and ready...girl I'm with Miss K. and regards to the title!!

Little B.'s daughter was ill too, so it just wasn't meant to be.

Unknown said...

Sigh ......

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking your time to visit me in the middle of your 'one night a year' ... :(

Unknown said...

so are you up for this weekend mg...rest up!