Wednesday, November 28, 2007

All I Want for Christmas ....

I love getting loot - really I do but as Christmas approaches I am again in the position where there really isn't anything that I think of to put on my list so .... without assuming that anyone was doing a present run (appreciating that family reads this blog too), if you were going to lavish me with gifts this festive season, I would like to 'get' something from the Oxfam or Tear Fund catalogues.Prices start from $5 for school supplies to $6500 for a water sanitation kit

For those unfamiliar with the process, you 'buy' me a cow or a tree or some vegetable seeds or condoms or a water pump or a pile of poo or a pair of shoes or some soap or whatever and instead of the present being sent to me (who has so much) it is sent to a family elsewhere in the world (who really needs it). This encourages self-sufficiency, the provision of food, the ability to raise money for education and health care and and and and .....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I can only think of needing a trip to the dentist :)

Unknown said...

anony...trip to the dentist for Christmas....awww..u must have had the evil santa!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I'll settle for some peace, few areas in my life that could do with a little of that...:)

Unknown said...

So hard to wrap things for you anony!

Mind you if I was giving, or receiving peace, then I wouldn't care how it was wrapped :-)

Anonymous said...

A trip to the dentist is a practical idea! My Bday present a few years ago was the same ... always adds up to far more than I can spend!

Of course 'peace' is a whole lot bigger and even more difficult to wrap :)

Unknown said...

yes but a trip to the dentist will bring peace to you and your world :-)