Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Alfies

I was introduced to Alfies by Dad and Nedezda when they took me there for fish and chips when I went to the Sunshine Coast earlier in the year. Despite Miss Weasley and I promising ourselves a fish and chip lunch it just didn't happen (the food choices in this part of the world are incredible).

But never fear, we didn't miss out, on Saturday night we headed there for a 'fine dining experience' (looking at the photo, the fish and chip shop is bottom left, the cafe is bottom right and the restaurant is upstairs). It was also a good opportunity to 'posh up' - Dad please note I am wearing the funky headband you sent me (for those who can't quite see them, it has sparkly bits).

This place is magnificent! The first thing I noticed as I opened my menu was that the place is owned by rugby legend Alfie Langer (you learn something new every day). The menu is mainly seafood and is worth raving about.

I had a scallop, truffle honey, and Roquefort pizza for a starter (and you have never had anything so divine) and Miss Weasley and I shared a 'tasting plate' which defied description.

My first choice for the main was king prawns served with a vanilla bean and truffle oil sauce but I opted for a 'special of the day' prawn and bug combination served with fruit (my first bug meal and I had already tried something truffle-y with the pizza). Miss Wesley's meal was just as impressive. We skipped wine but I did notice that the wine list was perfect - and included Western Australian wines (always a winner for me).

And we got all of that for about $50 each. Does life get any better?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww....honey, u look beautiful all the time, but goddamn it woman, u rock! Think I need a Weasley makeover myself!