Thursday, November 29, 2007

Am I Free and Do I Want To Go Sailing?

Was speaking to the world's most eligible bachelor (WMEB) last night - didn't have a long chat because he was being whisked off by one of his many admirers for a night of hot Latin dance - but he did invite me to go sailing with 'the gang'. They leave Perth on Friday morning, head out past Rottnest and then cruise to Lancelin for the weekend.

Now I have had to decline because I couldn't possibly get to Perth before lunch-time :-) and I certainly don't want everyone waiting for me on the dock (well that is my story and I am sticking to it). I passed on my regrets to WMEB but suggested he could come by and pick me up and go for a sail after they get home from Lancelin. He thought sailing to Broome would be good although I am advocating a Pacific island of some sort.

I have had similar conversations with WMEB over the years and it is always fun, yes I get taught to sail in exchange for chefing during the voyage (that is definitely a win-win for me) - and obviously landing somewhere fabulous.

Part of me desperately hopes that the joke remains just that - it is so wild and scary, and the other part of me considers the possibility of a spur of the moment, wild and scary sailing adventure and smiles wistfully.

I sailed with the WMEB and friends a couple of times when I lived in Albany - there was a tradition of moonlight harbor sails on a Friday night. They were incredible! Especially because the girls didn't actually have to sail, we just sat and ate strawberries and counted stars.

At moments like this I truly realize what a great life I have had :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA sounds divine! I once got second degree burns on a yacht and another time had to do the trick of running from side to the other so it didn't roll over! Those were the days ... :)