Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Di di di di di di di

Just having a flashback to the mid to late 70's when Alby Mangels trundled his World Safari movies from small town town-hall to small town town-hall and the insistently annoying soundtrack of 'di di di di di di di' - if you remember it, you REMEMBER it, if not you just think I am writing jibberish :-)

In retrospect I am not sure whether Alby didn't have a distributor, or whether the "home made" distribution added to the appeal. I do know that it seemed to go on FOREVER - an entire summer if not considerably more of very heavy advertising - and THAT song. And it went on year after year after year after year.... sigh

Does anyone else remember this? Does anyone else remember when Judy Green (eeek I can remember her name) one of the models from Sale of the Century (the blonde one on the left) went on .... World Safari 4 (I think)?

Please don't let me be in Mangels-world by myself forever!!!! SOMEONE else must remember .... surely....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, could you record your singing the tune for us?
Hhehhehheeee

Unknown said...

before my time sorry honey!

Unknown said...

Anony there is NO WAY I will be sining on the net, or singing this song in particular ... ever, never, no way :-)

Miss K you are my age! Just thank your lucky stars you missed out on the whole World Safari thing...

Unknown said...

lol...twas worth a try! But seriously I don't remember it!

Anonymous said...

Alby was the man! I heard there is a brand new biography out for Alby...