Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's Cooking Day

Yes the calendar told me it is Wednesday so that must mean it was time to cook with the lovelies. As promised, we had food from the Szechuan province of China and what a bounty they prepared! I must say upfront that we did take out some of the kick (chilli heat) but we do that everytime out of respect to those that don't have cast-iron taste buds like yours truly. The benefit was that the seasonings were more "at the front of mouth" so no-one complained (at least to me lol)

The menu:

  • Kung Pao Chicken
  • Rustic Steamed Beef
  • Szechuan Pork Tenderloin
  • Orange Chicken with Red Chillies
  • Tossed Noodles with Ginger and Spring Onions
  • Hot and Spicy Szechuan Noodles (Dan Dan Mian)
  • Stir Fry Vegetables (pictured)
  • Rice

Everyone worked hard and the individual dishes were delicious, the combination divine :-) All the more reason to celebrate was the disjointed nature of the group - lots of visitors in the house meaning in individual lovelies left for a few minutes (or many minutes) here and there and dishes were done as a bit of a combined effort with everyone stirring something that wasn't their original dish.

Recipes are all loaded on Yes We Can Cook.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, I wondered where you had gotten too? Cooking day, sounds like it went well...Im still trying to get around to trying the recipes for myself, theres some wicked ones there now...Mmmm

Indigo-Daisy said...

I just check out "Yes we can Cook" What an Awesome site and so much work!
Will have to try out one of the recipes over the holiday weekend.

Thank you!

Unknown said...

I 'went' for a sleep and woke up 18 hours later, hence no postings on Tuesday. In fact I never even got to turn the computer on lol.

Thanks Indigo - and remember if my lovelies can cook these, then surely anyone can :-)

Unknown said...

I have also posted the soup recipes from a few weeks ago too.