Saturday, July 5, 2008

Black Dog Days

The black dog (no, not Chelsea lol) has been chasing me for a few days now and I am almost willing to concede to has caught me but before I do I thought I might start being a bit more proactive in keeping him at bay.

I stopped in town this morning to do a couple of things and found that in one store I would have a wait of about 20 minutes before my transaction could be completed. I decided to invest that time in me and went a few doors down to a lovely coffee shop. I treated myself to a long black and a piece of cake - something I just never do.

While ordering I noticed that they had new artwork on the wall (they obviously promote local artists on a rotating basis) and again I thought to myself that my stuff was just so much better. Being in proactive frame of mind, I asked my service person how the artwork was chosen. To cut a long story short I now have an invitation to bring my portfolio in to see the boss on Monday.

Now we are still struggling to get photos of the paintings so I don't actually have a portfolio yet but I figured I would drop by, in between naps, and, putting on my best front, have a chat with the boss and invite him for a personalized viewing of the actual works - and yes I will even bake cookies and bring out the 'good' coffee.

It has given me a boost, it is being proactive (both for me and my art) and you never know, it might just work :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that just slapped the black dog...brilliant chick, I couldnt be an artist as I couldnt stand people judging my work. Proud of ya...

Unknown said...

Well that is the thing Miss A. On a exceedingly fabulous day I know it is fabulous and if you don't like it you are wrong. For every other day I worry about being judged lol.

On a more practical level, I learnt early to check out what everyone else is doing - some is different, some if better, some is not. That does not under-value my stuff. Mind you if I want to sell it, then I need to find people that like it and have the space and the cash - quite a short list really. That's life :-)

pita-woman said...

Waay Coool! Dare I say that could be your magic moment of the week?
Good luck & I hope they display some of your work!!