Sunday, July 6, 2008

Desperate Days

It was Thursday and I was on the mountain when I realized that I had left my book at home. Sigh...

Not to worry, there are always choices in the car. And yes there was but as I have been having clean-ups the choices were a little limited. Taking a deep breath, I went where I have never been before - Chick Lit.
The story had some good twists, the characters were reasonable, it didn't take too much brain power to read (cover to cover in about 6 hours) and it had a traditional happy ending.

Okay I have to be honest - I am never going back to that world again (it just isn't my cup of tea) but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be and I can see why the genre is so popular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smile, you poor love I can feel your panic at no books... but we all need some cerebal chewing gum at times...I'm loving the book you gave me..

Unknown said...

So very pleased :-) And as it is Booking Sunday the car is full again lol