Monday, July 7, 2008

Sydney Writer's Festival

I'm not sure how long the Sydney Writer's Festival has been going on for but I do know that I want to be a part of it next year.

My beloved Radio National broadcasts many of the public forums and interviews with visiting writers but I want more :-)

So I have signed up for the newsletter, preparing to save money for the various events (although there is a lot of free events) and I am drooling at the possibility of listening to some of the world's most interesting authors or attending writer's workshops or catching a poetry reading or taking accompanied walks through China town or lunches or ... just so much to choose from.

It will be so worth it - even I just manage one or two things. And the fact it is in Sydney, a city for which I haven't yet developed an affinity, well I could probably even put up with that. Anyone wishing to join me, feel very welcome.

No comments: