Friday, July 18, 2008

A Passionate Moment

My left foot has had a particularly incredible day.

Firstly, my new toe ring turned up yesterday so the middle toe is no longer naked - never a good idea to have naked toes, especially in winter :-)

And then I got my tattoo!! Yippee, dance, dance, dance.

Now my foot is neither bruised nor dirty (and I now realize I desperately need a pedicure) it is just the ink from the tattoo process. I can't wash it for a few days but the excess stuff will all come off in due course.

I forgot to ask James (yes I think I can now be on first name terms with the man) to start with the 'P' just in case I wanted to chicken out but I was pleasantly surprised with the pain level. I would generally describe it as being irritating but not actually hurting. Admittedly when he did the 'P' at one point it felt like I was having an injection (but not a needle in the foot - pain level similar to getting a needle in the arm) but that wasn't really worth worrying about at all. And since then, nothing - no aching, no pain at all.

So my foot is doing a happy dance and I am now trying to come up with a word to go on the right foot ... and then there are the daisies and then ... well that should take me up until Christmas so I will make further plans then lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy dance on one foot!...lol you were very brave darling, with the Gidachi man watching over you...& if you ever give up painting nudes, you could have a career in tattoo design...bit overwhelming...

and isnt James a love...

Anonymous said...

ps cept for his spider toilet seat cover ideas...though shows he has humour

Indigo-Daisy said...

Glad you found your toe ring, and love the Passion!

Alison said...

Oh KEWL!
Well done, Passionate woman!

Unknown said...

having seen the foot with my very own eyes have to say dear...the pic doesn't do it justice, tis pretty, and pretty empowering... smiles...x

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by my blog.

love your tattoo, it looks gorgeous!
i too have been thinking of a word to go on my other foot, and when and where i should get the various other tattoos i have planned!

xx