Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yes I Live In Heaven

I am constantly amazed at the wildlife that appears around my house. The past few days have bought me a blue butterfly that I am yet to identify.

This morning was it a bell-bird I heard? And then there is another one which sounds a bit 'bellish' but has more of a whistle than a tinkle. Then the usual morning chorus took over and those two got lost in the crowd.

And why did the kookaburra laugh last night when it almost always is the first bird of the morning.

I can find four different types of spiders (and no my fingers aren't going anywhere near them) that are happily catching up bugs of all sorts. Another new bug to me was something that looked a bit like a cicada but the body was over an inch long and it was bright green (not like the cicadas I grew up with). I have no idea how big its wings were as they were carefully being wrapped up by one of my pet spiders :-)

The garden is well and truly overgrown - yes I must do something about that - but it is home to what must be a good hundred little lizards (so it may be weedy but it is obviously 'green') that scatter everytime I dare to walk near the garden beds.

And the frogs are still here - although I haven't seen them I certainly hear them ;-)

Yes I love in heaven...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like heaven, indeed!!! :-) Thanks so much for participating in the plege!!! You have no idea how much the overwhelming generousity means to me and I'm sure to Sa Lone as a country!!! If you have any questions or concerns, please never hesitate to leave it in the comments section or email me at salonepikin123@hotmail.com. You guys Rock!!!! From the bottom of my heart, thanks and have a fabulous blessed week!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

The butterfly is beautiful. I'd run from the spiders, though!

Anonymous said...

Leave your garden alone in regards to gardening ... can't mess with Heaven!
:)

Unknown said...

i love those little lizards, but they need to learn to live in my front yard with the frogs and all the other things that are trying to hide from the dogs in the backyard...lol

Aren't birds amazing...? I too love the sounds and regularly stake out the backyard with the readers digest book of birds and the binoculars!! Thanks for the visual image, mwah!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Mmmm a reminder to me to stop and smell the eucalyptus..lol..big green frog has moved into our hallway, and there is a bird that starts singing at about 2am...Is the butterfly the Alstonville one...cant remember its botanical name...