Thursday, December 6, 2007

Spotted Catbird

A spotted catbird came to visit me some months (maybe even a year) ago. It was the weirdest bird I had ever seen but I was able to identify it after Googling around. Ironically I went to the Dorrigo Environment Centre in the next few days so I was able to hear its call too.

Anyway, it's back. One of John's nephews heard it a couple of mornings ago and today it was my turn.

Now the challenge is to see it as well as hear it and get a photo of my own!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWO WOW WOW! I haven't seen one of these, only heard about them. Why are they called 'Cat'birds? Does it "meow"?

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Laugh I dont think hes weird, now the brush turkey is a weird bird, i think hes cute....

Unknown said...

The sound is somewhere between a cat meowing and a baby crying :-) there is a ample at http://www.abc.net.au/archives/av/birds.htm