Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Games

Most every Christmas is somewhat defined by the games that you play during the day. I clearly remember a Christmas of my child hood where the Uncles tricked us with 'mind reading' games. And further on it was lawn darts or boche (unsure of the spelling).

This year it was 'Trouble'. I haven't played it for years and years. It was great - it suited both adults and kids, it was quick and it was both fun and competitive - well it was when we played :-)

I love it! Apart from trying to perpetually get someone to play Scrabble with me, it isn't often that I play board games - and if it takes a festive season then so be it. Let us be festive everyday :-)

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Christmas in Abbeys house,equals cricket.

How come in my grans day, the trouble pieces lasted forever, now they get lost each time we play... :(

Unknown said...

our pieces get lost all the time also, cranium is the biggest game in our house! shady is nagging to play it again soon, welcome back mg x

Tex's Missus said...

OMG ! I remember getting Trouble for Christmas when I was about 8 or 9. I played it for years - I'm stoked that you can still get it. I think at 15 my son would think it lame, but perhaps I could buy it for the kids that come and visit ?? Oh hell, I'll bloody well buy it for myself.

Unknown said...

Backyard cricket has defintely been on the list of Christmas Day games - usually the cousins v the uncles :-) I would like to think we (the cousins) won but I don't remember that bit :-)

Hmmm Cranium, haven't come across that one but the name certainly intrigues me ....

Tex's Missus, do yourself a favor. I was in my heart-of-hearts hoping for a game of Scrabble but Trouble was sooooo much better - and let's face it, everyone can play. Treat yourself to a game :-)