Monday, December 10, 2007

Looking Forward to 2008

Realization ... if I am going to get serious about recipe development (and getting serious about food overall) I am going to have to eat periodically ... sigh ...

Not that I need to give up developing vegetarian alternatives but unless I want to niche myself in that area (not really practical at the moment) I will have to taste what I eat - and find out what others are doing. And it isn't really realistic to cook from flavor memory - especially when experimenting with new products, flavors and combinations.

I can obviously still eat mostly vege food and I can honor any animal that dies so I can live (which I did kinda say I would do when I went vege) but it is just the end of the era and I am a bit wistful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

darling woman...i think you think about food as much as i am trying to avoid thinking about it...lol I hear tomorrow is mexican, looking forward to seeing you again...as always x