Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wednesday's Lunch

One of the real joys of working where I do is running a cooking class on Wednesdays - and now with the change of hours, I get to do it every week. Menu planning is one of the absolute joys of my life and now I get to do it very regularly :-)

Yesterday I was playing with the theme of a 'light lunch' with the objective of introducing different sorts of salads to the lovelies.

We made a garden salad with chicken strips, my potato salad, a pasta salad, a rice salad , a mushroom salad and a Greek salad. This was served with tuna patties. There was also sliced watermelon.

We made our own dressings too. It all went down really well - even though some of the lovelies are far more interested in meat than vegetables :-)

Next week I am looking at real Mexican food (ie, doesn't come out of a box) and am playing with two menus on that theme. Mind you I am also considering a South American bbq theme but that might be better after Christmas. Oh the joy of the possibilities :-)

BTW: Next week I will actually have my camera and I will post the recipes too :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, watch out for KreativeMix, she's a gobbler! I didn't read the post below either ;)