Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mexicali 3

My contribution to the lunch (example of a plate to the right) was some salsa themed dishes and the guacamole (or gwaq if you prefer). These were made up as I went along but I have included my recipes anyway.

As well as the other dishes on the table we also had a bowl of funky lettuce, some sour cream, some hot sauce.

Colorful Salsa

1 tin corn, drained
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
Juice of a lime

Fruity Salsa

1/2 small pineapple, diced
1 large mango, diced
1 avocado, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 green chilli, deseeded and slice finely
Juice of a lime

Guacamole

3 large-ish avocados, mashed
2 tomatoes, diced and drained
Cracked black pepper

Mix to your hearts content - and if you are going to take a photo, wipe the side of the bowl.

Note: I would normally consider putting in a little chopped red onion, hot sauce and maybe some sour cream if I wasn't making this for work.

1 comment:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Good God people, how spoilt am I ...lol