Friday, December 28, 2007

Tis the Season

Yes it has been and gone - the beginning of the Boxing Day test that is - and what a day it was!!!!

But back to the almost-as -important stuff ... Had a wonderfully awesomely great Christmas. Went to the mountain and spent it with a friend, his daughters and other friends that dropped in.

It is the first time in a long time I have been around kids with their excited faces on Christmas morning - and Santa left presents for me too (surprise surprise) so that was a very pleasant treat.

Lunch was very cruisy. The afternoon (well lunch ended at 4) was even more so. The ham was perfect! The turkey was divine - and the stuffing had to be tasted to be believed. I should have taken a photo of the banquet laid before us but you will have to settle for the ham - after it had been 'attacked' a few times :-)

The evening was just as it should be - including spotting a glow worm - or a firefly that doesn't move.

Then I crawled into bed one very happy little Mountaingirl :-)

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Yummmmmo..... hey guess what I saw in the supermarket? ...semi-boned turkey...it was $40... I thought, 'What the hell do you do with one of those?'...then I knew the woman who could enlighten me...lol

Unknown said...

lol abbey, i bought a semi-boned ham, so how lazy does that make me..lol...?

your christmas sounds terrific mg, its always a blast with little kids around isn't it? we had a cast of thousands...well 17 for dinner, i blogged it of course!

...now to stop eating so much, thank god the leftovers are almost gone! x