Friday, December 28, 2007

Ode To Miss K

I gave the girls (aged 8, 7 and 7) a little beading kit for their Christmas presents. Great idea but it does (obviously) come with the 'some assembly required' instructions! And guess who got to do the assembly! I did offer the honor to their father but just got the 'you have got to be kidding' laugh hmmm....

Miss K is an absolute artistic legend when it comes to beading (and scrap booking and heaps of other stuff now I think about it) so I tried to channel her energy and I got to work.

This is only a little sample - I ended up making 20 odd using various kits. The ones illustrated here only come from one bead collection :-)

And I worked out that to the 7 and 8 year olds assembled, these are just "beautiful". Meanwhile I think the bug may have bitten - I am just wondering if the withdrawl will pass before I bust out and go and buy myself something to play with :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

woah...why thanks for you praise mg, but truly in my case its more about perserverence than artistic talent! Tis fun though huh? I even bought some beads this week, for the first time in ages saw a pretty little bag of them and pictured a divine bracelet, might make it up tomorrow x welcome to the dark side....bwahhhhhhh hahhh

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

It's the one thing I've never gotten into (not with these nails...lol) I leave it to the Queen of all things Sparkly...

I love the end result and can appreciate the work gone into it..but its not for me...I have however seen beading incorporated in scrap pages...so I will get Bella to help with that....mmm