Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dear Julia

Not only am I devastated that Kim didn't get over the line in Swan but I had planned to come to Canberra and have lunch with him in the New Year so obviously that won't happen either.

I know you have said very nice things about Kim so I am wondering if I could come and have lunch with you instead.

I would be looking at arriving on a Tuesday - I will stay at the hotel I always stayed at when I came to Canberra when I worked for Kim - so I was thinking about lunch on Wednesday. Thursday would be fine too but I am reasoning that Thursdays will be more busy for you than Wednesdays but really, whatever suits. I was hoping to just go to the cafe at the House - nothing really fancy by any means.

I am more than happy to do any filing or check the stationery or whatever if you need a hand while I am around - just for old times sake.

I figured I would do some touristy things while I am in the capital - when I have been there before I was working so I have checked out the Embassys and the cafes in Manuka - and then come home on Friday - again doing a couple of touristy things on the drive back.

Cheers (in amongst the tears)

Mountaingirl

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Me thinks our girl misses politics...awe

Nuff bloody politics at work sometimes to keep ya going...x
lol

Unknown said...

Don't think Julia will have time for coffee for the next few days!