Monday, August 25, 2008

Vegetable and Beef Rissole Burger

Another idea based on this months Super Food Ideas although they call it "Tomato and Beef Rissoles" no idea why really when there is so many vegetables and so little tomato. In any case I changed it around so I will just include what I did

500 g lean beef mince
1 small brown onion, grated
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
2 small zucchini, grated
2 Tablespoon tomato chutney
15 cm slice of Turkish bread, halved horizontally
4 small slices cheese
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
Mixed green salad

Mix together the beef, onion carrot , zucchini and 1 Tablespoon tomato chutney. Form into 12 patties and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 180 C, 160 C fan. Place burgers on a baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes, or until cooked.

Place 4 burgers on toasted Turkish bread. Top with cheese and melt under grill.

Top with the rest of the chutney, cucumber, tomato and lettuce.

Serves 2 with 8 burgers left for another meal :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, holi's supplying inspiration
Nairbe

Unknown said...

I am certainly on a roll of something :-) Was speaking to Bother G last night about this stellar change in what I eat ,and what I want to eat, the overall lack of carbs (particularly pasta and rice) is astounding - I generally couldn't do this if I tried! Welcome to my world of vegetables, strawberries and protein lol!! And I dance at the thought :-)

Mind you having more time to experiment and create is a bonus :-) - we must do dinner again soon.

Unknown said...

go you good thing...not a mushroom in sight, and it sounds fabulous!

FnL said...

You need a show in the food network!!!! Everytime I come to your blog, I'm hungry afterwards. :-) I wish I had the patience and time to try some of these...

Unknown said...

Don't let appearances fool you fnl - I rarely do anything that takes more than a couple of minutes work :-) I try to find recipes in which the results belie the ease and effort lol

Mind you, if you have Food network contacts ... lol