Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Birthday Blah

It is getting closer to "that" day and I am having a funk. I don't care about getting older (lets face it, it's better than the alternative). I just don't like birthdays, well my birthday specifically. I know I used to have a Christmas funk as well although I think I am over that one.

As for birthdays - well some of them have been fun, some of them have sucked, most I just try and ignore. I do know I start to get edgy about the whole thing - what should I do, who should I tell (no one is the simple answer to that), how can I make it go away.

Just once I would like to have a perfect birthday. I am not entirely sure what that would involve - well actually I probably do but I don't want to say it out loud. I know this year I have a house inspection (and that isn't on the list of ideal things to do). Then I think I might go back to bed and refuse to get up until the whole thing has gone away.

Maybe now would be a good time to take up Buddhism and focus on the intent of the moment rather than worry about things that will come around anyway.

Art: "Happy Birthday to You" by complejo

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

So does this mean you're going to have 2 birthdates now? Or did you decide that the day "Pearl" became official "born" wasn't going to be your new birthday?

Anonymous said...

Mmm, bit that way with birthdays myself, but thats only cause I dont like aging and I cant remember the year I was born(though flipping Josef remembers for me)

Last year we said happy birthday to a colleague and they flipping bit our heads off and stormed off.. that set me back a little...

I think for my birthdays, I buy one little thing, or do one little thing just for me...