Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Taste For Food

For the last month or so I have been generally apathetic about food. I have rarely had a taste for anything and have been eating for fuel rather than nurturing body and soul. Not quite sure why, I have wanted to break out of it, I have tried to bribe myself with ... well anything really but it has all been a bit of a blah really.

The exception has been my Wednesday lunches and menu planning with the lovelies which has inspired me, and given me enormous pleasure, but hasn't actually involved me really cooking or eating.

So with a final push to kick things up a notch I have turned on my latest delicious. magazine. Actually I tried to be optimistic with all of the my other magazines and the one or two cook books on my shelves but I was running out of ideas so this really was a final push.

It has worked a treat. Ideas for this week are:
  • Blue Cheese, onion and pine nut focaccia
  • Corned beef with horseradish bearnaise
  • Italian lentil soup
  • Tomato soup with chicken meatballs and spaghetti
  • Steak with stroganoff sauce
  • Parmesan cauliflower risotto with fried zucchini
Okay I know I won't get to all of them - I couldn't eat that much if I tried - but at least I now have direction, a plan, and tastebuds that are kicking :-)

I will keep you up to date with recipes and results as they occur.

No comments: