Sunday, August 24, 2008

Goat's Cheese and Beef Salad

From the September 2008 issue of Super Food Ideas.

Serves 4

150 g Turkish bread
2 Tablespoons olive oil
400 g rump steak, trimmed
11o g goats cheese
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
120 g baby rocket

Preheat oven to 220 C, 200 C fan. Tear bread into 3 cm chunks. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking tray. Drizzle with half the oil. Bake 10 - 15 minutes or until browned and crisp. Cool.

Spray a large frypan with oil. Place over medium heat. Cook steak for 3 - 4 minutes each side for medium or until coked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.

Place chives on a plate. Roll cheese in chives to coat. Thinly slice. Place vinegar, mustard and remaining oil in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add tomato, rocket, bread and steak to bowl. Toss to combine. Serve.

My notes: I used feta as my goats cheese, and as I skipped the dressing and the chives, I just crumbled the feta and added it to the salad leave (from my garden), meat, tomatoes and bread. I served these with some rissoles I made form the left over roast pork - yes I know two different meats for lunch! but I have to use up the roast somehow :-)

No comments: