Friday, May 14, 2010

A Tough Week and Things I Have Learned

I have just been through the worst pain week in my life and have come out of it knowing a few things.

1)  My internet friends are real friends and I miss them - especially when I can't contact them properly to explain why I wasn't around. I need to come up with a plan for that - maybe I do need a laptop.

2)  I am overall a positive person - even though I seriously considered calling an ambulance a few times this week (I am not sure the pain should have gone on for so long or the ataxia been as it was) and I was going mad through lack of sleep and pain off the Richter scale - I looked after myself and nurtured myself the best I could ( I read a million books that are favorites from long ago). I knew it would end and appreciated all the help that was offered. And I was complimented on being patient and kind when someone else was discussing their circumstances, been though they thought my situation was worse (I NEVER get into competitions about that). That isn't to say I was a martyr - way from it, but I kept trying to focus on the "later" more than "now".

3) I have an entire week of blogs which I will now need to type out and edit for relevancy

4) Whatever it is "this too shall pass"  and as Ms Maya says "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude" :-)

5) I never want to go though that particular form of hell again lol

Photo: "week two" by Ronaa

4 comments:

pita-woman said...

Feel better!
Back pain (or any kind of pain for that matter), sucks!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm so sorry you've had such a terrible week, mg. Yes, online friends are important to people like you and me and a laptop may be what you need. Thinking of you. xx

WWW said...

Glad to hear your backs a bit better.
Lap tops with Google operating system coming soon http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/04/chrome-os-netbooks-for-under-400-says-google/
Wayne

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar