Monday, May 10, 2010

Donuts Donuts Donuts

We don't have a Krispy Kreme around here but there is a store in the airport in Sydney so it is something of a tradition to grab a box on your way home.

I stopped to get fuel on the way home from my roadtrip yesterday and was delighted to find that there was a Krispy Kreme in the complex. One box of glazed donuts and I was back on the road.

Now I do confess that I ate two on the drive home but .... well I don't even know why I have to justify it lol.

So yesterday evening I had great joy in walking (and I use that term very loosely) around the neighbors dropping off my little treats. And explaining every time that no, I hadn't been to Sydney but had been in the land of bananas and sunshine. I think I had a greater joy in sharing them than eating them (and that is saying something lol).

I have often wondered why someone doesn't open a business up our way. And then I wonder if some of the magic of the donuts would be lost if they were available any time we wanted one. There would be no conversations about how Sydney was, no sharing with neighbors and friends, none of those little bits that add to the experience. On the other hand there could be donuts every day :-D

1 comment:

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar