Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rediscovering Music

I have avoided music over the past decade or so - the "modern stuff" doesn't appeal (and that makes me sound like I should be sitting in my rocker) and I decided somewhere along the way that I could use the moments learning something, anything rather than just listening.

That is beginning to change with thanks to a Facebook friend (who I do know in the real world but just haven't seen for 10 years or so) and YouTube. Anyway, she has been posting the most incredible music over the past little while and I must admit that I am being dragged back into the world or melody and lyrics.

Some of it is old stuff (you know the kind that we all grew up with and danced to and now the kids just crack up  at the thought .... until they realize that their fav has either re-released it or mashed a part of it) but the rest is new.

Artists that I would recommend are: Corinne Bailey Rae, India Arie and O-Shen. And if you have any recommendations that I should be leaning towards then, by all means let me know :-)

Oh, and I think the Meat Loaf days might be over ....

Photo: "Music" by KiddyGrinder

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

GASP! Say it isn't so! Meatloaf coming to an end??? lol

You sound like me though, very little of modern music (aside from Yanni and Enya) from the past 15 years interests me. Every once in a while a song I hear on a tv show or commercial will creep into my subconscious and stick there 'til I have to seek it out and download it, so I'm not ALL about the oldies.

Unknown said...

Yes, I have only heard one song off the latest album - and well, it is bad ... my toes aren't curling anymore. I will still enjoy the Bat albums - and the rest, but just as music and not with the toe curls :-)

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar