Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Moment to Reflect

My step-mom just rang to say goodbye.

Not totally out of line - I mean after three break ups and reconciliation and this one being final - it is a form of closure. And to be honest I just took it as read.

I guess what I am trying to process is why, after 14 years, it can just end this way. Now I want to be clear that I am not protesting - it is a bit hopeless to protest any change in relationship status - I mean if someone has made up their mind you have no choice but to respect it. But shouldn't I be more upset? Shouldn't we find a way to negotiate an ongoing relationship without the previous status?

What, if anything, does it all mean?

Photo: "Goodbye summer" by ideea

2 comments:

admiyo said...

It means that now, instead of calling her your stp-mom, you can call her your friend, if you wish.

As the Dad in "Clueless" said: You divorce spouses, not kids. It is up to you how you want to treat it. And yes, my wife watches that movie so much I pretty well have it memorized.

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar