Sunday, May 23, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Walking ....


I have dreams of bushwalking.

The big one would be hiking through the Tasmanian mountains carrying my pack on my back. Being that it is a dream I would probably start with a weekender but I would love to do a week long hike - taking photos on the way.

WA's Bibbilum Track would be longer (I think they say 4 - 6 weeks) but much easier (WA is pretty flat compared to Tassie) but to go in wildflower season with a camera in hand would be a once-in-a-lifetime investment.

For an afternoon, the Bundagen walk - admittedly I wouldn't need the boots for this one. It is a very easy 6 km - 3 km on mossy tracks through the rainforest, 3 km on the beach and not a hill in site.

Yes, these boots would have a good life and end up with many stories to tell - although I can't promise they will stay looking clean and new for very long.

Maybe they dream of bushwalking too ....

Writer's Prompts Daily

3 comments:

Megan Bayliss said...

Oh MG. Welcome and thank you for marching along with us.

I post the new pic prompt every morning - write in any genre or voice you choose to....it's important just to write and practice....just like your week long walking trip :)

Unknown said...

Count me in :-)

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar