Sunday, May 23, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Walking ....


I have dreams of bushwalking.

The big one would be hiking through the Tasmanian mountains carrying my pack on my back. Being that it is a dream I would probably start with a weekender but I would love to do a week long hike - taking photos on the way.

WA's Bibbilum Track would be longer (I think they say 4 - 6 weeks) but much easier (WA is pretty flat compared to Tassie) but to go in wildflower season with a camera in hand would be a once-in-a-lifetime investment.

For an afternoon, the Bundagen walk - admittedly I wouldn't need the boots for this one. It is a very easy 6 km - 3 km on mossy tracks through the rainforest, 3 km on the beach and not a hill in site.

Yes, these boots would have a good life and end up with many stories to tell - although I can't promise they will stay looking clean and new for very long.

Maybe they dream of bushwalking too ....

Writer's Prompts Daily

2 comments:

Megan Bayliss said...

Oh MG. Welcome and thank you for marching along with us.

I post the new pic prompt every morning - write in any genre or voice you choose to....it's important just to write and practice....just like your week long walking trip :)

Mountaingirl said...

Count me in :-)