Monday, May 24, 2010

Moments in Time


There are two moments in the day when time almost stands still - the first is just after sunrise and the second (you guessed it) just before sunset. The light seems to hang in the air for a few moments longer than it should before it continues on the inevitable path of time, of cycles, of change.

If one is lucky, you can have moments in your own life when the same time-stopping magic happen - maybe a first kiss with someone special, holding your child in your arms, crossing a finishing line. I have heard some deep philosophical discussions on this but I don't want the moments analysed - I want them there to be experienced and remembered.

And I do, everyday, in that moment after sunrise and the moment before sunset.

Writer's Daily Prompts

1 comment:

Megan Bayliss said...

I LOVE the beautiful slow luxury of time you describe here and I covert those time stopping moments.

Thanks for joining writer's prompts again today.