Saturday, May 15, 2010

Eating with Maya

Well the moment has almost come - I shall be spending a week cooking and eating with Ms Maya (well working from her cookbook Pita sent me) for an entire week - and all of this starts next Saturday.

After playing with menus over and and over, I think I have finally decided on a plan.

Saturday: Braised Short Ribs of Beef with Twice Baked Potatoes

Sunday: Fried Chicken, Cold Potato Salad and Bob's Boston Baked Beans

Monday: Chakchouka (a Moroccan stew)

Tuesday: Onion Tart with Ashford Salad 96

Wednesday: Smothered Pork Chops with Braised Cabbage and Ginger

Thursday: Veal Medallions with Petit Pois, Minnesota Wild Rice

Friday: Smothered Chicken with Buttermilk Biscuits and Haricots Verts

Now I know that is more meat than I would eat in a month of Sundays, and I can't see a whole lotta diet versions there but I don't care - I am going to live wild for a week lol. And I will have enough leftover recipes to do it again another time (it is a VERY good book) - and enough leftovers in the freezer to see me through Christmas :-)

Recipes and photos will be taken in due course..... and bookings are being accepted if anyone wants to join me :-)

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

If it weren't such a commute, I'd say reserve me a spot on Sat. & Sun. ;)
I can't wait to hear how they turn out!

Mountaingirl said...

he he he - I will set a table just in case you change your mind :-)