Saturday, May 15, 2010

Eating with Maya

Well the moment has almost come - I shall be spending a week cooking and eating with Ms Maya (well working from her cookbook Pita sent me) for an entire week - and all of this starts next Saturday.

After playing with menus over and and over, I think I have finally decided on a plan.

Saturday: Braised Short Ribs of Beef with Twice Baked Potatoes

Sunday: Fried Chicken, Cold Potato Salad and Bob's Boston Baked Beans

Monday: Chakchouka (a Moroccan stew)

Tuesday: Onion Tart with Ashford Salad 96

Wednesday: Smothered Pork Chops with Braised Cabbage and Ginger

Thursday: Veal Medallions with Petit Pois, Minnesota Wild Rice

Friday: Smothered Chicken with Buttermilk Biscuits and Haricots Verts

Now I know that is more meat than I would eat in a month of Sundays, and I can't see a whole lotta diet versions there but I don't care - I am going to live wild for a week lol. And I will have enough leftover recipes to do it again another time (it is a VERY good book) - and enough leftovers in the freezer to see me through Christmas :-)

Recipes and photos will be taken in due course..... and bookings are being accepted if anyone wants to join me :-)

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

If it weren't such a commute, I'd say reserve me a spot on Sat. & Sun. ;)
I can't wait to hear how they turn out!

Unknown said...

he he he - I will set a table just in case you change your mind :-)

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar