Monday, May 24, 2010

Dreaming

I have been challenged recently about where I am heading in this life. It wasn't a personal challenge as such, just someone posted something and it has got me thinking.

I haven't really had any firm goals for my life - just looking for opportunities and assessing them on their merits. There are certainly some things that I would like to be different, that I regret if you will but nothing that will make a victim to the cause. I would certainly like to change some things about my present position but, for some aspects of life, you have to deal the hand you have.

I really like me and the person I am so I put a tick in that box. I get on really well with most people and have some of the best friends a woman could want so I put a tick in that box too. I live in heaven, I fill my days with activities that I enjoy and challenge me (more ticks).

But if I think about 5 years, 10 years, 20 years down the track, well things get fuzzy. How much can I determine my future, will I even be here, will any of us be? Should I focus on tomorrow (when the things I might want seem both unimportant and unachievable and won't determine who I am or my happiness anyway) or just suck the marrow out of today?

I have been contemplating this for a week and am no closer to an answer ....

Photo: "dream on" by indiae

No comments: