Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Orange Soup

Last night as a night for orange soup - and for just such moments, I keep a supply in my freezer. And no, orange soup doesn't have any oranges in it - it refers to the color. I make it in the crockpot and it is a mix of roast pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots (yes I know I have carrot issues but it does got in this soup), onions, red lentils, chickpeas as well as some random herbs and spices all cooked in a rich vegetable stock until it is almost a chowder consistency. Oh, and some bread for dunking purposes.

I tell ya on a crisp autumn evening, its good for the body and good for the soul.

Art: "Orange" by fallinreality

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Never heard of it, but it does sound interesting, and probably with a sweetness to it.

Mountaingirl said...

It is one of my inventions lol - there is something of a sweetness from the vegetables, but the nuttiness of the chickpeas adds a contrast. And for this batch I used cumin and chilli as spices so there was more flavor coming through there :-)