Monday, May 10, 2010

Backpackers Rejoice


Travelling on the euphemistic "fixed income" can be challenging at the best of times and this trip was possibly pushing it but sometimes a girl's gotta go what a girl's gotta do and a long drive was just what I needed.

And Melaluka Apartments solved the accommodation problem easily. It is the backpackers that is next to the white ute on the street. Wondering why I took and posted such a crappy photo? Well it is to demonstrate the distance to the beach .... see my car in the bottom right hand corner, well after I took this shot I literally crossed the road and I was in the beach carpark!

Now it is a backpackers so forget the spa and concierge but there is only 5 beds in the complex so it is nice and private, the place is REALLY clean, the bed was comfortable ... oh and did I mention I got a private room for less than $30 each night ... 100 metres from the beach in Noosa? And I got to sleep with the sound of the ocean each night.

There is no catch. And if there is 5 of you you can book the entire apartment out. I would highly recommend it and should I ever be back up that way I will certainly be staying there again :-)

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

Seems like forever since I've seen the ocean, and even longer since I've been on a beach... I'm thinking about 16 years since I've felt sand between my toes.
Glad you had a nice get-away, we all need a break from time to time.

On a separate note...
My curiousity is piqued about the "shit happens" blog you removed.

Unknown said...

lol A "someone" had implied that I because I hadn't experienced a situation personally I couldn't relate to what another person was going through. I posted it because it was one of the thing is have kept to myself over the years. I took it down because I knew I was pissed at life when I posted it and that wasn't fair to the personal involved in the posting - they had been through enough and didn't deserve it.I didn't even realize someone had seen it :-)

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar