Monday, May 17, 2010

Rain Rain Rain

When I was growing up back in the dark ages of the 70's I heard of the legend that Inuit people had 37 different words for snow. Well to be fair, I heard the legend a few times over the years and the number changed but the first version was 37 so that is what I default to. I was a bit disappointed when I found out it was only a legend - I had carried it in awe for over 30 years.

What I have realized is that I am getting close to that for words or phrases to describe 'rain' - subconscious inspiration from the legend maybe lol.

I have been trying to collate a list and I keep thinking of new descriptors I use so please don't take this as complete but there is: a sprinkle, a shower, a misting, a drip, rain, light rain, horizontal rain, torrential, pouring down, drizzle, sun shower, deluge, storm, downpour, bucketing down, spitting. I will add the rest as a think about them :-)

Photo" "Flower on the Ground" by me :-)

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

Don't forget: raining cats & dogs

Unknown said...

Very important one that is :-) .... and if you live in Darwin, "raining fish" :-)

Divya said...

Good work Article is awosome i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar