Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Book Is Getting Closer

As November approaches, I am almost ready to start writing my book. I have the architecture finalized. I have the structure happening. I have the storyline pretty down pat. I have most of the characters finalized. I have a deep concern that I have forgotten something.

The training that I started didn't quite happen (although I still have time to get that happening). Maybe that is what is nagging at me. Maybe it is just the excitement/anxiety of a big project and wanting to get started.

In any case, there is progress. And the countdown is on :-)

11 comments:

Jason said...

Good for you! I really do wish you good luck on this endeavor.

I myself am still struggling to finish the book I started LAST November. Just set aside a hour or two everyday (around the same time helps) and remember that you can do anything you put your mind to.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice. I must admit I am taking this as a challenge, as opposed to aiming for publication or anything. Just to finish it would be good - although I think I will be in the same boat as you. And if by some miracle I do get all the words down, I will certianly still be editing :-)

Alison said...

Oooh that sounds very exciting!
Very creative, too :)

Unknown said...

It's not too late Alison - you join in the fun :-)

Anonymous said...

God I know a work place that would make a good book...cept no noe would believe it... ;)

Unknown said...

I haven't forgotten that idea either lol

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your book :)

Unknown said...

haha abbey....god say it ain't so, are you aiming to publish your book mg?

Unknown said...

With the state of the Australian publishing market, I doubt it. I had an offer to publish my first book but I turned it down. I think my publishind train has come and gone :-/

Whispering Walls said...

Best of luck - is it a novel?

Unknown said...

Yes ww it is a novel based around the lives of 5 women of various ages and stages. I possibly would have preferred something different but that is the requirements of this competition so a novel it is :-)