Monday, October 6, 2008

Advice Anyone?

I am having a problem with swollen feet. previously they only swelled if I went on a long plane trip or was standing up all day. And if I lay down afterwards, the swelling would dissipate within a few hours.

But in the last few weeks they are just swollen. There is no pain involved. I massage twice a day with no results. Even when I have a 15 hour sleep the swelling doesn't go. I have a very low salt diet and have tried eating more with no effect.
I have tried drinking more. I have tried drinking less. I have tried increasing activity. I have tried reducing activity. It makes no difference. There have been no significant changes in temperature, habits, weight, footwear or anything else. No I am not pregnant.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the cause and (more importantly) a solution?

7 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, mg, I do sympathise! I have no idea what the cause could be, but putting an ice bag on my feet for half an hour every day helps me.

Jason said...

You're not diabetic are you?

Unknown said...

I certainly am Jason. Are you telling me there is a connection?

Whispering Walls said...

It sounds as if you should spend more time putting your feet up

Anonymous said...

Allergy to tattoo ink?

Im with Welshcakes, wack some ice on them..

Unknown said...

...definate links with diabetes / circulation and swollen feet, my dad used to suffer horribly, maybe time to get a gp check on it sweetie...and next time your friendly voc/ed coordinator offers you a footstool, take her up on it, elevation helps circulation xo

Unknown said...

I knew I had to check my feet each day (which I do) but I didn't know they could swell cos of the diabetes. Sigh ... mind you, my doc appointment isn't for a few weeks so I can try the rest of the ideas in the meantime :-)

And yes I shall accept footstools in the future :-)