Friday, October 31, 2008

Another Cake




I had a graduation for one of the lovelies today - and the request was for the easiest cake ever - a chocolate cake with rainbow ice cream layers.

I made the ice cream in three flavors - mango, raspberry and blueberry (with real fruit of course) and the cake was a regular (but fabulous) chocolate cake.

I just swirled frosting (vanilla and chocolate) on top and left the sides exposed to highlight the ice cream colors. So it doesn't really look like much, but I am hoping the triumph was in the flavor more than the appearance.

I left before it was cut but here's hoping it was what my lovely wanted.

4 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

That is magnificent!

pita-woman said...

That swirly top is very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Pita the swirly bit was pretty on the eyes and pretty on the tastebuds...I snuck two bits last night.

Unknown said...

I did note that when I next came in (Saturday night) it was all gone. I don't have another one to make for about 5 weeks - I just hope they pick something just as simple. Maybe I should hide the photos of the other chocolate creations and take away the inspiration lol