Sunday, October 12, 2008

Keeping Kids Safe

I have noticed that we now have banner ads on Stardoll but these are ones that I am not going to complain about - they focus on keeping kids safe on the internet.

SOSO (Safe Online Safe Offline) is a partnership between government, business and the internet industry and their ads are really good.

My only complaint about the campaign is that they portray the paedophile as a creepy guy with a beard and lank hair. I would have preferred a range of "normal" looking people because all of the paedophiles I have met certainly don't look like the stereotype being portrayed and you would have trouble picking them from a crowd.

In any case, I have joined up and wish the campaign every success :-)

2 comments:

Jason said...

One of my best friends has a brother (who used to hang around my blog) that is a pedophile. I never saw it coming because he was pretty normal.

These things come in all sorts of different packaging.

A a big brother, I'm glad that someone is trying to keep kids safer.

Anonymous said...

I saw a guy (on the net) arrested for pedophillia and he was wearing the t-shirt 'worlds greatest Dad'.. but you are right.. tis not the scary boogey man but the 'guy next door' good point chick