Friday, October 3, 2008

Mini-Quiches

One of my lovelies rang with a new (to me) recipe and I finally got around to trying it yesterday. Actually I confess to not being able to find the scrap of paper I wrote it out on so I operated from memory.

Essentially they are mini-quiches made in muffin pans. They had two minute noodles (yes I finally found a way I will eat them), vegetables and seasoning in them, as well as the egg. I chose corn and mushrooms because that is what I had on hand but I have some other combinations to try next time (roast vegetables, zucchini and corn or roast tomato and eggplant are three that automatically come to mind). Obviously I could also put some bacon, chicken, tofu or whatever else in as well. I ate two hot yesterday and three cold during the night while I was at work.

They are quick, delicious, very versatile and healthy. What more could you be looking for in a recipe :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know Ive never eaten a 2min noodle? and if they only take 2min why dont they make all noodles cook that quick...tis one of the mysteries of the universe

Unknown said...

They are partially cooked which is why they take so little time. Mind you angel hair pasta (the very very thin noodle) only takes 2 minutes to cook.

TorAa said...

Agree - delicious.
Here is a Norwegian recipe (typical in the fall and eraly spring)
http://toraa.blogspot.com/2008/10/torsday-recipes-from-norwegian-kitchen.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipe swap Torra :-)