Monday, October 13, 2008

Life Observation

The world tilted on its axis on Friday and some things seem similar to how it was, but it isn't. There has been a few days of processing but does that really change anything - it just gives you time to develop a coping strategy.

I watched people this morning and noticed that everyone had their own way of getting though - for some being present was the best they could do, for others it wasn't possible. Some continued on as though nothing had happened, for others it was clear their world was rocked.

There is no right or wrong way to respond, and for some this is much bigger than for others. I admire all of those around me who have the integrity to manage the best they can - however that is. I am also very proud of them for continuing to put one foot forward, even if they can only manage a very little step.

I guess in watching others and in writing this I am stepping out of myself and that is my way of handling things - always has been now I think about it. I take it on as a "job" to help other and by default subvert my own way of dealing with how I feel. Must take stock of that - I will do so on Thursday (yes I do that too - allocate time in the diary to time to figure out feelings, to stop the numbness. When my folks divorced I set a time 6 weeks in advance to go and sit on a hill and cry - I didn't allow myself the option prior to that ... crap now I am blurting out with stuff ... didn't mean to do that - no I won't delete it, it was somehow meant to be here becuase that is what my fingers created in their typing).

Okay I know this is a bit obtuse for readers of Musings and I am not in a position (or inclined for that matter) to expand on what made the world shift - and to a great extent to most of you it wouldn't matter (and I do mean that politely).

What matters is that even on its new axis, the world continues to turn and to quote from my fellow Dolly poet of our teen years "everything different and nothing is the same".

5 comments:

diver said...

Yay, blurting. Blurting in blogs is good I think. Therapeutic. A shrink will charge you three figures a session to do it and half the time will just sit there and say, "And how do you feel about that?" Blog blurting allows you to look back on what you've written and do the same thing, for considerably less outlay. So I say, "Publish and be damned!"

Unknown said...

You are a legend Diver! I must admit I could have deleted it but figured something similar - if I can't be honest here then where do I have a place to be me, warts and all?

Anonymous said...

Mmmm put ya warts out there love...

All I have in my little bag of tricks is a coping strategy...and yes I blogged it...lol...but it was also a reminder to me that I am strong...I once did alot of posts on strength.

One can ask my work colleague, I need time to process things & I havnt had that time yet, tis like being swept along and I dont like that feeling.

I dont think one needs to expand, as having your world shift for any reason, is perhaps universal so we relate without having to know the cause.

Whispering Walls said...

We can always take solace in a good bottle of something. Remember, it's not so much the spirit of the age that matters but rather the age of the spirit.

Unknown said...

Sigh ....