Monday, October 6, 2008

RAK

Interesting thing happened this morning. After work I dropped into the supermarket to get a couple of things. Walking through the car park I was asked very nicely by someone giving the appearance of being homeless for my loose change. I rarely have any cash on me and told him so.
While I was picking up my couple of items I decided to get some cash out and give it to the man. It was only $5 but he, and his mate, appeared over the moon.
Now I don't post this because I think I am a good person, nor am I looking for a pat on the back.
I am actually wondering why I did it. I am asked for change periodically in Coffs but it certainly isn't a regular event. I have never given any before. So why did I this time? I don't pity the guy and there appeared no real difference between this guy and those that have asked before. I am no more rich today than any other day. I am pleased that I did it, and would do it again if this morning was repeated. I am just wondering what my motive was ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wherein lies your dielemma darling... it was a spontaneous gesture, one doesnt have nor need a motive for that...

Unknown said...

Maybe I am over thinking it all ....