Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Weirdest Thing

I am missing a mouse bait. It was there this morning. And now I have awoken from my second nap of the day I find it is gone.

No I haven't thrown it out. It has just gone. It was by the edge of the kitchen - it isn't anywhere in the kitchen now. I have looked through the nearby piles of books but there is not a trace.

I am not talking about a little pile of pellets - this is a plastic station with food inside (the photo is of a similar product) and while it doesn't weigh a whole lot I am finding it difficult to imagine a mouse putting it on his back and wandering off. And please don't suggest that I have a rt that has got hungry and has carted the whole contraption off - I have already thought it and it doesn't make me feel good ....

Yes I am sane and sober and have been all day. I am also incredibly perplexed ....

3 comments:

diver said...

They're called Borrowers MG. Most of us have problems with them lol.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi :)

Your neighbour must have borrowed it when you were sleeping. It will be put back again when you go back to sleep :):):)

Have a good day :)

pita-woman said...

I say dispense with the poison, go for the good ol' mouse trap that will take care of the problem once and for all.
And, the best thing in the world to bait a mouse trap with is chocolate chips, not cheese, not p-nut butter, CHOCOLATE CHIPS!
We havea hard time resisting chocolate, do you think mice are any different??? Seriously, it's worked every time for me!