Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Desk at Work





Just thought I would show the world my new desk at my new job (sigh, yes I am still loving it big-time).

The plant has a common-name of a "Magic Bean Plant" and apart from it being an Australian native, ideal for keeping indoors and it being non-invasive I really don't know much about it at all. It does attract attention though - and the purple pot doesn't hurt that either :-)

The little paintings are left-overs of a time when I dreamed of being a self-funded artist and having a market-stall (reality bites sometimes). The fabulous Amber who sits next to me has a blue set for her desk. And the books are some of my collection of positive thoughts so that between phone calls, or anytime I need to fill in a minute or two I can just reach for something to read. Also provides obvious inspiration for my daily quotes.

The rocks (in front of the red paintings) are part of my little collection from home - nice to have something else natural to look at, and they are very smooth and gentle in the hands.

So this is my little space where I spend my day :-)

5 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It lookd a very nice, colour coordinated little space, mg. Merry Xmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks Welshcakes - hoping you have a magical Christmas and a wonderful New Year :-)

And it might sound vain but I do like my desk :-)

pita-woman said...

Love the purple pot!
Suddenly, my desk looks very cluttered. I didn't used to think so, but when I see how much space you have, I'm suddenly horrified at my own.

Unknown said...

Never fear Pita - I have only been there for a couple of weeks - give me time :-)

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice