Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Passing the Hat Around

Got a letter from Tom Stephens MLA, Member for Pilbara yesterday - with thanks to Phillip Adams for passing on my name.

Tom is passing the hat around for a young indigenous guy called Linden Brownley who has been invited to attend the inauguration of Barack Obama.

Linden needs to raise about $5,500 needed to cover flights, accommodation and tuition (Linden will also be attending the University Presidential Inaugural Conference). Now I had decided to thrown some money in anyway but your should see this guys resume - it is phenomenal! I couldn't imagine anyone I want more to be there as a representative of our country.

So, if you want to thrown some coinage Linden's way, you can contact Tom directly on pilbara@mp.wa.gov.au or let me know and I can pass on a whatever details you need (Tom's letter, the resume, bank details or whatever). If not, please think good thoughts for this young many as he embarks on what surely will be a life changing trip :-)

Photo by David King

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm will catch and have a chat with you about this one...sounds a brillitant guy :)