Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Saint Val Looking Over Me

Val is my precious neighbor and she becomes more valuable to me each day.

Last Thursday she came by to check that I was okay because I was home during the day and she knows that with the new job I am usually gone from 8 is to 6-ish. Okay so it was just my day off and I was fine but what a beautiful thought :-)

And while she was here she admired my new clothes - complimenting me on each of my individual purchases as well as passing other flattering comments.

Monday and Tuesday she greeted me as I was leaving for work so I could model the new outfits. Her words of flattery gave me a real kick to start the day.

Val goes away for Christmas this year and I am really going to miss her happy face, her conversations, being called out to watch a special sunset, and for someone to just keep a gentle eye on me. Val never intrudes or interrupts, she just is.

I have great friends but I do live alone and don't have a lot of close friends that live locally so it is nice that I have my own Saint watching over me and my house.

Photo: Saint Against Clouds" by jdyez

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moth and I were just chatting the other day, saying that we had kept in touch with many of our old neighbours from years gone by, they have all been really important to us and I can totally understand how special Val is to you...enjoy it, it's rare sadly xo