Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Real Gentlemen

On thing I really appreciate my current male colleagues is that there are so many gentlemen among them.

If it is dark, they walk the female staff to their cars. If there is something heavy, they volunteer to carry it. If a male lovelie is rude abusive they correct them along the lines "you don't speak like that in front of ... ". And my personal ultimate, when one gentleman rose from the chair that I was going to sit in next, he dropped the height so it was just perfect for me.

None of this is forced. None of it is an act. It is just the signs of true gentlemen.

It is a true pleasure to be around :-)

Photo: "Gentleman Caller" by BurlapZack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was with you all the way on that one, nodding and thinking of 'our' men...till you got to the chair bit....grrrr

diver said...

Great tale MG. I lived through an era ('70s, 80s) where it became 'sexist' for a bloke to do that sort of thing. Nice to hear of a return to these courtesies.