Friday, December 12, 2008

Mountaingirl Grows

I have never been interested in clothes, or how I look. If I am color co-ordinated and my private bits are covered, then I am ready to go.

Admittedly I do put a bit more thought into things when, say, I am going out with Miss Weasley but there often isn't a lot to pick from so the result isn't that different to "normal". My clothing budget for the past ten years has been less than $50 for each year - and it showed.

So this new job has been a bit of a revelation. I had to step things up a bit and (dare I say) I am really enjoying it. I am even dressing a bit above what the required standard is! I feel good, I feel like a woman, I even felt sizzling one day! Who would have thought!

So I went clothes shopping again yesterday- and got myself some beauties. And each of my articles was wrapped in tissue paper and placed in a "proper" bag. Sigh ...I certainly can't afford to keep buying at this rate but I think I have 'enough' and will only need to top up with a new shirt or whatever as the seasons change.

Now I won't admit to even being tempted by make-up (Abz has promised an intervention if I get to that point) but I am really enjoying a new side of me :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Pearl...it's so heartening (is that even a word??) to be hearing the joy in your life...shop away baby, after all those years you have a bit of thrifty-karma in the bank to draw on :) Hopefully we'll get to catch up next week some time, I'd love to see you :) xo

Gabriella said...

agreed with kyles
good to hear ur happy
(:
btw got my blog up and running again
(spred the word)
the 2 recent ones are on child abuse tho pretty sad stuff
xx
ly

pita-woman said...

We all need to splurge on ourselves once in a while. Glad you're enjoying life!

XOXO said...

But that's funny, ladies, to go shopping! That's really addictive and we need these changes. We have to look beautiful and different.
Don't be afraid of novelties and never be stingy when it comes to you!

Unknown said...

running over to gab's blog now...lol xo

Unknown said...

I so appreciate being surrounded by understanding women as I go through this new stage. Da Sistahood continues with strength lol