Friday, December 26, 2008

New Challenge for Me

I don't have many food scraps - it wouldn't even fill a ice cream container - but I have realised that I do sometimes have to throw out food that I didn't use up in time. Prime example is 5 tomatoes that I had to throw out this morning.

There is no real excuse for this wastage - I mean I only shop every few days to buy for those days and I know a heap of recipes to turn (say) tomatoes into sauce that could have then be preserved.

I do have the advantage of having a Green Bin that is collected by the Council each week and is taken away to be composted but that isn't really the point.

So my new challenge to myself is to eliminate all but the absolutely necessary food scraps (peelings, bones and the like). To try and ensure that I have a maximum of 1 litre of food wastage each week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,